Tomorrow is World Autism Awareness day. So we will be lighting this website up blue to celebrate and raise awareness. You can still join in, because not only is it world Autism Awareness day tomorrow, but it is also National Autism Awareness Month here in the US. So you help shine a light on Autism all month-long. Ways you can help:
- Light your house up blue, blue bulbs are available at Wal-Mart and Home Depot (the Home Depot bulbs are less than 2.00 each!)
- Donate to one of the many Autism support organizations like Autism Speaks, Hill Helpers, or the Autism Society of America
- Reach out to your federal elected officials and lobby them about a federal response to Autism and supportive services to help children affected by Autism.
- Reach out to your state officials and lobby them about requiring medical insurance to cover autism treatments.
- Sign the petition asking President Obama and Congress to develop a national plan to address autism.
Remember the federal statistics show 1 in 88 children have Autism Spectrum Disorder, and a recent phone survey puts that number as high as 1 in 50. We need to take action to give our children a brighter future.